Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Book review : Sovay by Celia Rees



Book review of Sovay by Celia Rees

The book is set in England during the French revolution, Sovay is a young heroine who doesn't conform the traditional ladylike serotype of the time period. Sovay becomes a highwayman to test her lover, But when she's faced with the disappearance of her Farther, Brother and her family's accused of treason she's forced to take matters in her own hands.

I personally really enjoyed the story I loved Sovay was a strong independent women not relaying on men to save her, Which is rare for the time period. Although I love the book, I felt the ending was rushed and confusing I believe if the book was split into two or even three it would have been better and the plot would be easier to follow. I found the time period really interesting its an unusual setting and I found it refreshing.

 
All in all I really enjoyed the book and I would recommended it to older readers as the writing style is mature and I feel 13+ would get the most out of this book.

Thanks for reading,
 Lilly x

No comments:

Post a Comment